Century Anger Management Anger Management
Professional Certification Training
Option 1, $595.00
To participate in our Home Study Certification Training Course for prospective Anger Management Professionals, you will need to purchase two products:
- 8 Hour DVD content training which will enable the participants to complete the first 8 hours of the required training.
- 32 Hours Online Training through our internet based classes through www.angercertification.com.
Once the DVD has been viewed there will be a short exam to complete and fax or mail back. The additional online classes are self contained, and once completed, the participant will receive their official Certified Anger Management Professional certificate.
This course is ideal for those that have busy schedules or who can not take time off work to attend a live training as well as those that would prefer to complete the training from anywhere in the country.
Trainers: Anthony Fiore, Ph.D. and Ari Novick, Ph.D., both licensed mental health professionals and certified anger management trainers.
Certification is for two years. Then, we require completion of an online Continuing Education Module to be re-certified for an addtional two years. The cost is $175. Click Here to Register (then scroll down to the botttom of the page)
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS TRAINING?
The certification training is open to those with a background in mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, education, corrections, law enforcement, pastoral counseling, human resources, and those that need or desire to work with angry and hostile clients. Students in these fields may also be accepted.
The eight tools of anger management include:
- Review of Tool 1 — Dealing with Stress.How stress underlies anger. Physical, medical, mental and behavioral effects of stress. 4- Step model to deal with stress. Exercises. Resources.
- Review of Tool 2 — Developing Empathy. Definition and examples of empathy. Why empathy and “emotional intelligence” are important in anger management. How to teach participants ways to increase or improve empathic responses to others.
- Review of Tool 3 — Respond instead of React. How to present concept of difference between “reacting” and “responding” to anger/stress triggers. Concept that anger expression is a decision. Concept of finding other behaviors/ways to communicate needs, feelings or requests that are more effective than anger.
- Review of Tool 4 — Change Self-Talk. Concept of how self-talk (cognitions) influence emotions. A-B-C-D-E model of anger control. Examples of new cognitions to teach participants. How to think like an optimist.
- Review of Tool 5 — Assertive Communication – Harmful communication styles. How to be an assertive communicator. Strategies to handle and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Review of Tool 6 — Adjust Those Expectations. Expectations and anger Five steps to adjust expectations in relationships and in the workplace. Philosophy of finding alternative ways for need satisfaction. Strategies to teach this concept.
- Review of Tool 7 — Forgive, but don’t forget. 3 steps in forming a grievance. Issue of “should you forgive?” Why forgiving is good for your health and peace of mind. Seven steps to forgiveness.
- Review of Tool 8 — Retreat and Think Things Over. Learning to “stay in the box.” (of anger control). Warning signs to heed. Rules to make this tool effective. The freeze-frame technique for self-soothing. Changing self-talk during the “retreat” period.
CERTIFICATION BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Approved for CEUs by NAADAC The National Assocation for Addiction Professionals, Provider #570
- Approved as Continuing Education Provider by The Board for Certification of Addiction Specialists:
Provider Number 5063
- Previously Approved sponsorship by the Orange County Probation Department
- Approved by Texas Certification Board of Addiction Professionals as Provider of Continuing Education for
Certification and Recertification for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors in the State of Texas:
Provider Number: 1739-06
- Listed on Century Anger Management’s national provider list
- Continual marketing support and marketing membership
- Complimentary workbook, “Anger Management for the Twenty-First Century” as well our facilitators “Companion Guide”
- Used and accepted for court, business, and personal referrals
Option 2, $495.00, best value!
Is identical to option 1 above except there is NO DVD that has to be sent to you. All the videos are presented ONLINE. The training can be started immediately after purchase. This is our most convenient and user friendly way to completing the training.
These options are ideal for those that have busy schedules or who can not take time off work to attend a live training as well as those that would prefer to complete the training from anywhere in the country. These programs require 2 hours of live supervision (phone or SKYPE), which can be done in 2 one hour sessions or 4 30 min sessions. The total cost for supervision is $200.00